Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Art of Intuition with Valerie Rogers

Tonight I want to tell you about a great monthly workshop held by Valerie Rogers - The Art of Intuition. It's a painting workshop - whether you've never held a paintbrush in your life or you've painted for years, everyone is on the same level here. She calls it "abstract impressionistic painting."
Valerie's only rule is, you can't purposely draw something. The workshop is about painting the unknown through a process designed to help us let go and trust our inner selves - and it's an amazing process. I'm so used to thinking as I create that I was actually afraid to let go in the beginning, but once I realized where she was going with this, I painted and learned how to turn the canvas on each side and continue painting - without thinking. It was a breakthrough for me and I've continued the practice at home. The neat thing is, everyone has a different style of painting, from bold to muted, from simple to very complex, and it comes from within each person. As Valerie says, your painting will continue to speak to you long after the class.
Here are two samples of her own work:
What does it look like to you? Look at it from every angle, turn it around, let your mind make the associations. And here's one I purchased from her last year (out of sheer luck - I was the first one to ask about it!); it's titled "Healing Worlds." I lose myself in it every time I look at it:

There is one I've done that I'll post to the blog when I take a picture of it. But if I can do it, YOU can do it too! Her next workshop is on Saturday, February 5, from 10 am to 2 pm at Learning Light Foundation, 1212 E. Lincoln Ave., Anaheim CA 92805. Call 714-533-2311 for more information about it. After that she will go to the third Saturday of each month. See you there! - Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment