Monday, August 6, 2012

Movin' On

Okay, folks, I'm slowly phasing out this blog.

I took Liv Lane's Build a Blog You Truly Love e-course and it was fantastic. (See www.livlane.com for more info.) It helped me to refine what I want for a blog, and this blog was started when I had to do readings, classes and the like from home before I opened my shop.

I learned that, like Facebook, Blogger.com owns the rights to anything I post and I didn't like that one bit. My blogs and my photos are MINE. They can also take down blogs at will and sometimes they crash and lose material (which happened to me once already).  So I got a domain name, www.inlilithsgrove.com, and I switched over to WordPress - NOT the free version. Why that upgrade? Because I want readers to be able to post comments without having to sign in via whatever social media they use (Google, Twitter, G-mail, Gravatar, yadda yadda) and not be blocked.

I'm forever grateful to Blogger.com because this is where I tentatively learned how to blog and how to make a blog. I hired a webmistress to set up the website for my shop, www.theowlslantern.com, and I learned the ins and outs of WordPress, so by the time Michele Morton Bergh set up In Lilith's Grove via WP, I had a decent idea of how it works. (Check her out at www.beinspireddesign.com here. Great rates, awesome service.)

So in the next few weeks I will (with help!) move a few blogs from here to there, into archives, and I hope you will visit my new blog!

Love ya!  Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment